Sunday, March 12, 2006

Travels

Adrian and I took my favourite Pommy Cousin, Margaret, on a couple of short trips starting at Venus Bay, South Gippsland Victoria where we stayed three nights. Then on to the Melbourne Zoo for a day trip before returning home to rest up for a day, back in the car and up to Corowa NSW to visit Mum# 2 and John. The sketching opportunities were abundant but I am still too frightened to 'do it' in public, silly me! I am recapturing this little journey by drawing from memory and photos. Next posting will be of the Melbourne Zoo. Don't hold your breath waiting.

8 comments:

Sioux said...

What a cool journal page. I feel like I'm there with you. I love it. I wish I could master the art of printing! Love your colors and your words!

Shelly McC said...

Grat drawing. The ink spot error on the page even looks good with the drawing over the top of it!

Teri C said...

Clare, you have a great memory judging by this. It's beautiful!

You will surprise yourself if you just go out in public and do some sketching. Breaking the ice is the hardest part and I can speak from experience when I say the 'bad art police' never show up! When you do it, be sure to post it, I know you can do it.

Penny said...

Clare this is a great journal page. Really it is not hard to sketch in public, just sit down and do it. My sketches are really rough, I never do anything with them again but they are a record of what has caught my eye. I find that most people dont bother you, although I think my husband is sometimes embarrased to be seen with me! Penny in Victor Harbor

Carol Bonomo said...

Great drawing and eye popping page spread. Plus you've got a wicked sense of humor all over this blog.

lorigrace said...

Thanks for sharing your journal pages. I look looking at them.

Karen at Pen in Hand said...

Hi Clare
I know you have trouble motivating yourself to open your sketchbook, but you really must do this. Your pages are beautiful. We want more!

Karen

clare said...

Thank you everyone for such supportive comments. Karen, you've 'sussed me out well'. Yes I will do more!!