Saturday, August 16, 2008

Black On White

I am learning not to be so 'Precious' with my Journals
And.............
.....finally gave in to doodling in my watercolour Moleskine, I'm so pleased I did.
How silly to think it would spoil my book.
I like these black circles so much so that I did not want to stop making them and now I am finished I love looking at them.
Doodling patterns with circles, dots, blobs, lines and swirly bits is a wonderful and mesmerising pastime. Just the thing for stress relief and for me it is an enjoyable meditation.
I zone right out, get lost in the lines and feel serene.


I know him well.


11 comments:

SCquiltaddict said...

the circles are wonderful..love the new look of your blog....

Quilt Knit said...

I love your sketches, your Universe circles are great!

Sherrie Roberts

susan said...

I love your circles--all with different designs. What fun and detail. I think they are great

Ann said...

Cool doodles! I also like the owls and ducks below. They are all wonderful journal pages.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Yeah, I know him too. And, I've drawn a picture so similar to this, in one of my books, it's uncanny.

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the circle pages. It is so nice to get lost in drawings like this. For the artist and the viewer. Gorgeous work.

clare said...

Thank You all for the visit and comments, much appreciated!

Teri C said...

Oh I LOVE these circle-doodles! Fun to do and fun to look at!

odd chick said...

These circles are mesmerizing and inspiring. So much design element in your doodles!

odd chick said...

Hey, and I did love my (Your)book from Etsy- really well done. You better watch out - I love the one on your new wish list - but I won't steal it. I really love the ones you're working on!!

linda said...

I love all your journal posts and read, savoring your words, as I have just recently started art journaling in moleskines, because my other one fell apart ... so took the plunge and got it this week, the WC one and love it! Loved looking at all the things you journal in yours...you black dog is great but I wondered if , to you, it was about depression..maybe it's just me :)

Margaret Ann said...

Your circles rock!!! A wonderful spread! :)