Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Meditation is Making Marks

I spent last weekend in Melbourne visiting my kids. It was fun and relaxing.
I have been unwell for quite some time now and I realise I have to slow down a bit, stop trying to get everything done 'Yesterday' and enjoy the moment without thinking too far ahead.
So how to stop the constant mind chatter? Yoga, meditation, massage? Nah, I like to open my journal and draw, write or doodle, my mind instantly quiets down and concentrates on the marks I am making on the paper. It doesn't matter if my drawings are not spectacular works of art, (as if!), it's great practice, it clears my mind and I have lovely little memories to look back on.












 


7 comments:

Robin said...

Hi There...Thanks for stopping by..and for your kindness and inspiration...you could have taken the words out of my mouth about making marks as meditation..I feel like art is my therapy...and its much more fun and creative than traditional therapy..I'm loving all of your "marks" and those beautiful dragonflies towards the bottom..just delicious..colors and design..what a wonderful place you have here..!Im glad I checked my email..Nice to meet you..!

A.Marie said...

I understand what you mean. I have ventured into painting, but there is nothing I love more than a line drawing on paper. I hope you feel better soon.

thepinkrachael said...

These are great, I love the birds and flowers 'doodles' and the page of your book with the corn made me smile, think just because it looks really homey!

nanke's stuff said...

Doodling really can do it for me, too! I hope you're on the mend and feeling better every day! nancy

whatidoisme said...

I am sure drawing is one of the best way to slow down and live in the present moment - at least that's what I've found. Great 'marks'!
Sue

Alex said...

Such adorable sketches =) Your page makes me smile

trishhunterfinds said...

Yay!! There's some familiar books! Fabulous and gosh LOVING the art!!
Trish xx