Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Playing Small

Good things come in small parcels, or so the saying goes.
 In this case good things come on small bits of paper...

I caught up with a friend, Jenny, over coffee and cake last week. We realised we were both very passionate about all things art. Jenny & her friend Jen make the most beautiful mixed media works on canvas, hand bound journals and magnets and also run classes; their latest class is Fabric Paper .
Getting back to small parcels/bits of paper. Jenny makes ATC's and she inspired me to have a wee try at some. I must say I am quite pleased with my results although the camera does not show the true shine and colours. I know these are made to trade, but I'm not parting with mine.







 

19 comments:

Nicky said...

Hi Claire,this is lovely work. I like flowers and the tower very much :)

Clare said...

Thanks for visiting Nicky, I appreciate your comment!

Jenny said...

Wow Clare... these are awesome... you're on a roll... I love them all... good things really do come on small bits of paper... little pieces of art... loved catching up :))

Jenny x

bettyfromtexas said...

Such beautiful small packages!!!!! I do not blame you one iota for not wanting to part with them!

stewcrowther said...

Hello Clare,
If they were mine I wouldn't want to part with them either.
Great artwork. And so many that I would not know which would be my favorite.
Fantastic!
Stew.

Shirley said...

These are wonderful! There is such a range of style and subjects - all fantastic.

raena said...

These are wonderful! Love those flowers at top! Beautiful style!

Dan Kent said...

These are stunning ATC's! I've made some, and I know that as much work goes into these small gems as larger works. Ditto Raena - I love the flowers. But I am also amazed at the complexity of those black and white ones and like the faces so much too. And the Eiffel Tower, OK, all of them!

Caatje said...

These are lovely. I especially like the white on black ones.

lori vliegen said...

your ATC's are lovely!! you've started an awesome collection for yourself!! :))

Cathy Holtom said...

These are really lovely! I think they are a good idea for trying out new ideas and just playing.

Clare said...

Thank you so much everyone for your encouraging comments. Boo Hoo, I have not had any spare time to do any since these and I think I am having withdrawls!! :[

Alex said...

Cool designs! Love the colors =)

Bei Price said...

I wouldn't want to part with them either! They're beautiful!

Clare said...

Thank you Alex & Bei for your comments. I actualy gave some to my Sister, she loved them. Now I am in the 'throes' of makeing some replacements! :)

Clare said...

eeek!!!
Making!!

Patricia said...

Love the ATC's. It's a lot of fun making them. Postcards also.

Clem said...

Hi Clare ! Love your heads !! Lovely design and so funny :)

Monkie said...

These are great!! I love the colors