Monday, October 17, 2011

Practice for a Gift.

A friend of mine recently had a birthday and I bought her one of my favourite trees, a Crepe Myrtle.
I also wanted to give her something I made myself and thought
a little painting might be nice. A good opportunity to practice watercolours.
I painted a little blue wren.  I went back into the painting with an ink pen after
I had scanned this picture and it looked much better than this one, however I
forgot to scan it again before I framed and wrapped it.

 
Daily drawing. October 15th 2001.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Too sweet Clare... your little blue wren is adorable... bet your friend loved it... and the tree :))

Jenny x

Revelle Taillon said...

he's so cute!

raena said...

It's delightful! I especially like how you break the borders. She'll love it!

bettyfromtexas said...

You have captured him perfectly!! He is very charming all "framed" and ready for presentation!

Clare said...

Thank You all, I do love to hear what others think and I don't mind helpful critism either!! I set him in a plain white frame and he looked almost professional! Kandy loved it.

Sandra said...

Lucky friend.

Clare said...

Thank you Sandra.

Lynn Logan Roselli said...

That's great! You're going to get your degree. Looking at your birds you have nothing to worry about! Keep us posted on what your doing!!

Cathy Holtom said...

This is lovely, what a great gift!

Alex said...

No doubt your friend will love this one =) It looks beautiful and the bird's hoppy character shows in this one ^^

Trudi Sissons said...

Great perspective on this adorable little 'feather baby' - also how the tail protrudes outside the frame!