Friday, November 09, 2012

Three French Hens...................

 Faith, Hope and Charity.

 
What did the hen say when she saw the scrambled eggs?
......my children are all mixed up!
 
 
It's all chooks around here today. I have a wee bit of an obsession with drawing chickens, or 'French Hens' whatever they are? I have planned to use Three French Hens in some Christmas cards so I am practising sketching them to see what I can come up with.
I have googled French Hens and they really look like your ordinary everyday chicken. Maybe adding some type of Frenchy fashion will differentiate then from your average hen? Doesn't really matter I am having fun. Funny thing is, after all the scribbling I will more than likely make something totaly different....
 

 





 

Give a man a fish and he has food for a day;
teach him how to fish
 
And you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.

Hope your weekend is wonderful and relaxing.

 

 

 

 



10 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh they are gorgeous Clare... was just looking at the first pic thinking how fabulous they are... and then scrolled to pic number two... wow... beautiful detail... they will be awesome for Christmas cards... like you joke too :))

Jenny ♥

Jennifer Edwards said...

Clare! I ama dunce for not visiting here more often! I've just got to put your wonderful blog in my google reader!! Wow! I absolutely adore the French Hen pages and all the pages of Paris!!!! And, oh my...your banner is absolutely coloricious!! I can't imagine whst I could be d oing to inspire you...you create beautifully drawn, colorful, delightful pages! I also love the line drawing of the Christmas tree with the hens underneath it sitting on presents! Thank you for visting my blog so faithfully! I definitely want to visit yours much more often than I have recently!

Tammie Lee said...

oh look at all your wonderful hens! they are a joy to see. I love hearing about your fun in getting to know them through your pen.

Alex said...

These are cute! I love em ;)

Jenxo said...

oh love your french hens, i cant draw birds at all so im envious :)

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I love your chickens! :)

Clare said...

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting, I appreciate your input. Jenxo, my birds don't exactly look real.

Jane said...

Clare your chickens are charming! Really lovely. Anyone who gets one of your French hen cards for Christmas is going to be very lucky :) Jane

helloitssandra.blogspot.com said...

I love chickens, not real ones, I dont have any of those, but i do have a ceramic collection. I dont know what it is abiut them but they are just lovely to look at. My favorites are the stylised Portuguese 'Galo de Barcelos'
good luck with the cards, it's a great idea all your French hens look lovely especially the ones with long curly tail feathers

Cathy Holtom said...

I love the idea of a 'Parisian' French hen, the cards will be fantastic!