Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Todays Faces

 
 
With the face below I was not happy with the mouth and eyes...They bothered me. The shading did not look how I wanted it to either. I have gone back into it, played around with watercolours and Tombow brush pen to try and get her how I imagine she should look. I am not sure I am happy yet! The good thing is this watercolour paper is such a good quality; I can keep layering until I am either Happy with the result, Or Sick of looking at it.
 
                           
Before
After......But am I finished??







 Just a wee bit of fun with faces and chickens. I am still trying to find my own style.
 
I like the way this face turned out. And I did not even try, just sketched with the Tombow and splashed some water over it.

7 comments:

Jenxo said...

yeah i really like one too, funny how that happens when you arent really trying.....great pages clare xx

Netty said...

I adore your sketchbook Clare full of women with great character. Hope you will join in the fun with us at Paint Party Friday. Hugs Annette x

Netty said...

Just came back to say am now following you and look forward to seeing some more wonderful creations. x

Clare said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jen and Netty!!!

Jan Allsopp said...

These are gorgeous Clare. I have never found my "style" in as much as I do so many different things. I used to worry about it but now I just go with it. Apparently it all ends up looking like my stuff somehow. I think sometimes "style" can be limiting.

Tammie Lee said...

I love seeing your faces and reading how you keep messing around until you are happy. Each one is wonderful.

Jenny said...

Oh Clare... how did I miss this post... I like the changes you made... she looks quite different... and love your chickens and faces... especially the last little one... absolutely fabulous... thank you for your beautiful comment... and for your facebook inspiration today... that mural is in Pennyweight Place... runs between Hargreaves St and Bath Lane... I have never seen it before...

Jenny ♥