Friday, March 01, 2013

Books: Sex and Science and Art...OH MY.

So did the Sex get you in?

 
I have received lots of new books over the past month. Some were Birthday gifts others were  'sneaky' little presents to me, from me, because I deserved them of course. :)
 
The Bizarre and Incredible World of Plants. by: Wolfgang Stuppy
 
I was in two minds over buying this book, I didn't  really need it, I simply wanted it .  
Come to think of it I don't particularly need most of the books I lust after but the do make me happy. 
My books inspire me to create, imagine and dream. They take me to worlds I would never otherwise visit and challenge me to truly see beyond my own existence.
My books are like friends... jacketed, sleeved and beautifully bound always willing to spend a little quiet time with me.
I am delighted my wants won over my needs. This book is one now of my 'new' and favourite Friends.  
 
 The Bizarre and Incredible World of Plants..
Is a glorious feast for the eyes.
The black glossy pages, filled with enlarged images of  pollens, seeds, plants and fruits investigates and illustrates the intricate sex life of plants.
Such images can not be seen by the naked eye and it's hard to imagine they actually exist. 
They're incredibly delicate and captivating, wildly colourful and sensual.
It's biology, science, art and beauty in one extraordinary book. 
 
 
 
 


If you are in Australia and would love this book at a great price click on the book's image
link on the right hand bar.

Have a wonderfully Colourful Day!
Clare XX
 


2 comments:

Jenny said...

So glad you wants won over too Clare... what an amazing book... the stunning photos are just magical on the black background... just beautiful... and love your book description... so very true... exactly like friends...

Jenny ♥

April Cole said...

These are beautiful images... A little splurge now & then, you deserve it!! ~xx
I LOVE BOOKS TOOO!! They make me happy, have more then I really need. Some of the books I own, are just for inspiring me, they hold such beautiful images.
Enjoy... Thank you for sharing. :)