Monday, April 15, 2013

Big faces, Little Books

Sketching imaginary faces is a favourite pastime of mine.
Apart from the painting on the canvas all these faces are drawn in a tiny little booklet.
I love to fill a whole page and often find it takes too long if I use my regular art journals.
With these books I can complete something quickly and
if I want to I can develop the ideas in my journal or on canvas.
 
 



Mixed media on canvas.   I used one of Jane Davenport's face Stencils for this one.
 
I can see this developing into a painting. I call it my 'Homage to Klimt'

Thanks for visiting.....
Enjoy your day..

 


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Loved looking through your gorgeous booklet Clare... your faces are divine... and beautiful canvas... love her hair... and the words are perfect...

Jenny ♥

Jen xo said...

I love your little books and your faces are just stunning...love how janes face is so different to the other one you did...