Sunday, April 21, 2013

Slowly I'm Realising I Don't Need Permission Or Approval To Create.

All I Need.................

Is something I have had all along and that is an insatiable desire to draw,
paint and create what is inside my head and my heart.

There is not one day where I do not need to make my mark by painting a scene, a background, doodling a pattern, sketching an object or scribbling an imaginary face. I need to do it, I have to do it or I feel there is something important missing in my life.
I feel terribly incomplete if I have not, at least, scribbled in my art journal.
And so here is what I do to make me happy and give me the satisfaction of having fulfilled my needs. I give myself permission to create and I approve of the results of my playful creations.



I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to,
and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.
 -- Frida Kahlo

 
 

I find that women can be creative in total isolation.
I know excellent women artists who do original work
without any response to speak of. Maybe they are used
to a lack of feedback. Maybe they are tougher.

-- Elaine de Kooning








 Have A perfectly Beautiful Week,
 



4 comments:

Jen xo said...

oh clare....loving your faces and the doodling on the second is just a wonderful added touch...love too the experiments with your eyes closed..I've tried left handed but will have to try that one :)
do what makes you happy I say and your art is reflective of that :)

Jane said...

Inspiring pages Clare! love the colours, and your 'left hand eyes closed' drawings are wonderful! You really capture depth and life in faces with a great style - thanks for sharing.

April Cole said...

Clarie these are "BEAUTIFUL" pages... love looking into your world. ~xx

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh Clare... beautiful... beautiful... LOVE your gorgeous art journal pages... and your Frida quote could not be more perfect... keep drawing... painting... playing my friend... your art is pure magic...

Jenny ♥