Thursday, September 05, 2013

29 Faces Challenge

29 Faces Challenge 2013

 

#5: This time I challenged myself to paint a watercolour face
without drawing in the lines first. It was difficult to paint the eyes how I
wanted them to look but I had overworked them enough and decided to stop before I made a hole in the watercolour paper.
 
 
 
#6: Tomorrow is going to be hectic and I can't see the weekend getting any better so I made a start on face number six. Again the same self challenge.... I am thinking she might even look better without eyes, that way I won't stuff them up. She might show up finished on here in a day or two.
It is a lot of fun, this 29 Faces business and such a great way to get in some much needed practice and meet other artists.

 


13 comments:

Sunshineshelle said...

Oh love this, like the way you let the painting dictate the face rather than guide it by a sketch first! The colours are so fresh & looks like fun results by experimenting - really sweet work!

Karla B aka Lady Skyclad said...

Adorable work!

Selma said...

I'm sorry - I meant funny, I apologize for poor language skills. Remove the previous comment, please.

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Wonderful whimsies. I love this challenge as its a great opportunity to try out new ideas and techniques. It is difficult to paint a face without sketching it first. You have done a great job:)

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

She's very sweet! Her hair is so soft and pretty looking. The one in progress looks like it's going to be lovely too!

bellefrogworks said...

You brave woman - I have done this but not with tricky water color - used acrylic paints - easier to do over! Great job - love those eyes.

Peggy Gabrielson said...

I like how you think ahead... lovely faces!

Carol said...

Great faces!!! I love water color but my skills with it are very weak ...perhaps I should practice more. :)

Annie said...

What a wonderful challenge, you have definitely succeeded. She is very sweet :)

Jenny said...

They are both darling Clare.. sweet little faces... and love the headband and hat...

Jenny ♥

Faye said...

Brave you, painting with no sketches. Great start on the red hat girl. But do give her pupils.

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

These are both so great ~ truly adorable!
And, by the way, thanks for the Scriblertoo diversion!

PeregrineBlue said...

i adore the one on the bottom.