Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Apes on Acid? No...........

Giraffes On Gelli...

 
Splattering ink in my moleskine is one of my favourite pastimes lately and, along with my Gelli addiction, it can lead to unexpected outcomes and visual delights.
One lovely image to come out of a random splatter, with just a wee bit ink blowing, was this lovely giraffe silhouette.
Being the' Giraffe Fan' that I am I was excited, (some would say 'Get A Life Clare'), but truly I was elated with my find and had to take it further. I wanted this lean, long necked lovely lasting longer. What to do? Make a stencil from it. And so I traced around him, transferred it onto cardboard and cut out a stencil. I now have my giraffe to play arty with whenever I like.
 
I cannot show the original Giraffe splatter because I have made it for an art swap and the recipient has not seen it yet.
Below is what I have made with the stencil.
 
Half ink, half Gelli background, giraffe stencil.

A Tower of Giraffes.

Positive and Negative cut-outs.
 
 
Enjoy Your Wednesday...

XXX
 
 

 



7 comments:

Annie said...

Clare that is so clever.......I love it and I know who ever gets your swap will be over the moon. If not tell them to send it back and swap with me. :O)

Faye said...

Clare, your ink splashed silhouette turned out great. A perfect stencil/mask. I love your giraffe work. Wonderful.

Tammie Lee said...

adorable giraffes

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

I love your stencil giraffe in its ink splatter forest! Great work:)

SLScheibe said...

So colourful and bright! This makes me want to play with stencils :)

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

I really like your giraffe images. And your scribbletoo face too!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous gorgeous giraffes Clare... and I love how you find them within your ink splatters... how lucky am I to have one of your beautiful giraffe tags now... what a treasured keepsake from our time away...

Jenny ♥